Introduction to Nerium International MLM Compensation Plan
Welcome back to Notebook Crazy, as I continue on my quest to review as many multilevel marketing (MLM) business opportunities as I can in hopes of finding one that will help you make money and achieve financial freedom. If that is why you visited this page, then I will get on with my Nerium International review without further ado. If, through the wonders of SEO, you ended up on another one of my reviews after Googling “cat litter poultice”, “quadruple crown diamond barf”, “classic rock origin stories”, “Indo-European fungus”, or “is Weird Al from the Midwest”, then I am honored that you have decided to stick around to read my Nerium International review, so let’s get started.
Nerium International: The Company and its Products
Nerium International was founded in 2011 in Addison, Texas. Texas is definitely one of the top 5 states in terms of number of new MLM companies founded, so this fact does not surprise me. The company has grown quickly, and today the Nerium International business opportunity is available in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and South Korea. Lots of MLM companies donate money to charities, and some even have their own charities, but the About Us page on the Nerium International website describes Nerium as “the largest corporate sponsor of Big Brothers Big Sisters”, which is an organization most of us have heard of.
The Nerium International company takes its name from the nerium plant, also known as oleander, which is best known for being poisonous. There is an urban legend about people getting sick after using sticks from the nerium plant in order to cook hot dogs over a campfire. Although nerium is the most poisonous plant that people frequently have growing in their backyard gardens, the Wikipedia article on nerium has led me to believe that the nerium plant is not as poisonous that people say it is, and there are only a few reports of people being seriously harmed by nerium. Still, almost no one thinks of the nerium plant as healthy, so it is an unlikely contender for a nutraceutical ingredient, but the plant is kind of nice to look at, and that is about all you need to enter the nutraceutical beauty contest.
Most Nerium International products are anti-aging skincare products but some of them are anti-aging vitamin supplements, which I guess makes Nerium a nutraceutical MLM company, which is my least favorite MLM company. The more I think about it, the less it makes sense that I reserve so much if my ire for nutraceutical MLM companies, when MLM companies that sell deregulated energy services are just as bad. Perhaps it is because the deregulated energy MLMs can only legally operate in about 15 states. But then, why do I hate nutraceutical MLMs more than I hate MLMs that sell overpriced costume jewelry, cosmetics, and cleaning products, and why do I hate them more than MLM companies that sell online versions of those coupon books that your high school made you sell in the most unsuccessful school fundraiser ever? Perhaps it is because nutraceutical MLMs seem to be the most common type of MLM company, and because I myself have suffered financial setbacks at their hands, such that I now have a basement full of vitamin supplements and some sort of fungus coffee.
Everyone seems to agree that you should not ingest the nerium plant, so the only Nerium International products that contain any actual nerium are the topical ones.
The Nerium International Compensation Plan
The Nerium International compensation plan document is available online, and it is 12 pages long. After two pages that are little more than title pages, description of the Nerium International compensation plan begins in medias res on the third page. For example, it does not specify how much it costs to join the Nerium International business opportunity. After a stock photo of what business networking relationships look like, it just goes into its description of how to get started to qualify for the various ways to earn money in the Nerium International business opportunity. The Nerium International compensation plan, like most multilevel marketing (MLM) compensation plans, offers a number of ways that Nerium international distributors can earn money, but before you can benefit from any of them, you must first generate a personal sales volume of 500, sign up for autoship delivery of Nerium International products, and enroll three other Nerium international distributors into your downline sales team. It stands to reason that you would be able to earn a commission on the Nerium International products even before enrolling any other distributors, but the Nerium International compensation plan does not explicitly state this. To maintain your active status as a Nerium international distributor, you must either sell a sales volume of 200 worth of Nerium International products per month to other customers or autoship a sales volume of 80 to yourself. Once your sales volume surpasses 200 points, you get additional commissions on the Nerium International products you sell, beyond just the sales profit, which is the difference between the autoship price at which you buy the merchandise and the retail price at which you sell it. The greater your sales volume, the higher your commissions; they can be as much as 25%.
The good news is that you can get your Nerium International products autoshipped to you free of charges if the Nerium international distributors in your downline team place an autoship order that is greater than yours. This could be good news, because it means fewer charges on your credit card, but it still means that you are getting a shipment of Nerium International products every month, and soon you will have enough age-defying skin creams to keep the antediluvian heroes getting carded every time they try to go to a bar. This aspect of the Nerium International compensation plan could also result in your upline sponsor putting a huge amount of pressure on you to place a hefty autoship order, and then the result is the same, a basement full of MLM merchandise, just what you always wanted.
Then there are the Success Pack bonuses, which range from $50 to $150. You get this bonus every time someone you personally recruited buys a Success Pack, which is a business starter kit in the Nerium International business opportunity.
The Nerium International compensation plan contains a bonus pool, which consists of 2% of the company’s income from sale of Nerium International products and which is paid out weekly. You can become eligible for a share of this bonus pool by sponsoring new Nerium international distributors and getting them to purchase Bonus Packs.
Different MLM companies will award bonuses to their high ranking members in the form of payments toward various luxury cars; a notable example of this is the unmistakable pink Cadillacs driven by the highest ranking Mary Kay distributors. In the Nerium International compensation plan, the car bonus takes the form of monthly payments toward a white or silver Lexus, with the amount of money Nerium contributes to the car payment varying according to the distributor’s leadership rank. Senior Directors, Executive Directors, and Regional Marketing Directors get $500 per month paid toward their car payment, National Marketing Directors, 1 Star National Marketing Directors, and 2 Star National Marketing Directors get $750 per month, and 3 Star National Marketing Directors get $1000 per month.
As for team commissions, you get commissions equal to a percent of the sales made by your downline team. The commissions for which you are eligible vary according to your rank as follows.
- Brand Partner- You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first two levels of your downline sales team.
- Senior Brand Partner – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first three levels of your downline sales team.
- Director – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first four levels of your downline sales team.
- Senior Director – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first five levels of your downline sales team.
- Executive Director – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first six levels of your downline sales team.
- Regional Marketing Director – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first six levels of your downline sales team and a 2% commission on sales made by levels 7 and 8 of your downline team.
- National Marketing Director – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first six levels of your downline sales team and a 2% commission on sales made by levels 7 and 8 of your downline team, as well as a 1% commission on sales by levels 9 and 10 of your team.
- 1 Star National Director and Above – National Marketing Director – You get a 5% commission on sales made by the first six levels of your downline sales team and a 2% commission on sales made by levels 7 and 8 of your downline team, as well as a 3% commission on sales by levels 9 and 10 of your team.
And then there are the prizes, which are likewise a feature of many MLM compensation plans. In the Nerium International compensation plan, distributors at all leadership levels are eligible to win a prize of an iPad. They can choose to get $350 instead of the iPad if they do not need more iPads. When you reach the Executive Director level, you become eligible to win trips to Cancun.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Since Nerium International products are not the sort of thing that people would consider “fun”, such as costume jewelry or cosmetics, there are no home sales parties.
- I guess getting Nerium International products autoshipped to you free of charge is better than paying to get them autoshipped to you.
- The Nerium International compensation plan contains no mention of binary team structure.
- While we are on the subject of the Nerium International compensation plan, the company or its distributors at least have the decency to publish it online instead of constantly talking it up and then making you sign up for a membership before you can find out any real details about it.
- The Nerium International website contains substantial information about the products and about the Nerium International business opportunity, so I did not have to rely exclusively on Nerium International reviews in order to find any information on it.
- It takes some serious chutzpah to talk someone into buying anti-aging skincare products or anti-aging nutritional supplements. Most of the people that it is socially acceptable to criticize about the effects of aging on their skin are so closely related to you that it would not make sense for you to sell them Nerium International products, anyway.
- Nerium International products are anti-aging skincare creams and nutritional supplements. They are not the kind of thing that anyone actually enjoys shopping for.
You probably are not going to make money through the Nerium International business opportunity. When you join any MLM company, the odds are not in your favor of you building a successful business through it. Even with the free autoship products, you still have to put a lot of time and money into your business before you get anything in return. MLM is not the most lucrative business model except for a very small minority of the people who get involved with it. If you are going to have success with MLM, it is almost certainly not going to be through a company that sells the same old anti-aging skincare products and the same old vitamin supplements. It looks like our search for MLM business opportunities where you can actually make money will have to continue.
Do you know about benefits of the nerium plant that Wikipedia has not mentioned? You could always write about them on the talk page of Wikipedia, but if you are an extravert, it would probably be more enjoyable for you to say them out loud. Why not schedule a call with me?